I absolutely LOVE the Bulletproof Vanillamax bars (linked below). I see them more as a dessert than a protein bar because of the sweet and salty flavor profile. Because I love getting creative in the kitchen and I wanted to challenge myself, I decided to create my own version. I looked at the ingredient list and happened to have all of the ingredients in my pantry. Purchasing all the ingredients is not cheap so it's definitely worth it to get the bars, but if you're like me and like to get busy in the kitchen, give this recipe a try!
Linked below the recipe are some of the items I mention in this post that are available on Amazon.
Cashew Vanilla Protein Bars
- 2 1/2 cups raw unsalted cashews
- 12 tbs collagen peptides
- 6 tbs XCT oil (or MCT oil)
- 7 tbs coconut butter
- 6 tbs cashew butter
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- 5 tbs soluble fiber
- 2 tsp vanilla powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 18 drops stevia (optional, depending if you want sweetness)
- Sea salt/pink salt to taste
- In a food processor, crush cashews into small chunks. Pour half of the processed cashews into a large bowl.
- Add all other ingredients to the food processor (with half the cashews) and process.
- Slowly fold the mixture into the dry processed cashews until homogeneous.
- Pour the mixture into a large dish and allow to harden in the refrigerator.
- Cut into bars and save in a container in the refrigerator. Should keep at least a couple weeks (if they last that long!). I put half of mine in the freezer to save for next week.